Here’s quick snapshot of news around the industry!
Around the Staffing Industry:
- Sacramento’s Hiring Assistance Program creates a program that benefits both employers and displaced workers via a cash reimbursement and job matching. [The Sacramento Bee]
- In the past 5 years, our economy has lost around a half million jobs from these ten employers. [AOL Jobs]
- Temporary staffing continues to see an increase in total jobs, as does healthcare, hospitality and retail. [Adecco USA]
- Coworking is quickly becoming employers’ top choice for remote employees. [Forbes]
- While salaries are on the rise, most employers are reserving increases for high performers by tying raises to performance-based metrics. [Recruiter.com]
- Social media sites make “word of mouth” recommendations much easier for employees. Concerned employers need to focus on company culture and talent management to ensure positive recommendations. [ERE]
- Diversity needs to be better embraced in the workplace. It’s time for a new strategy. [Fast Company]
Around the Government:
- Government “shut down” got “very real” this week. The end of the fiscal is coming at the end of the month and if funds are not allocated more furloughs will go into effect.
- While the unemployment rate is falling, it’s falling for the wrong reasons. [Bloomberg]
Around the IT and Engineering Industries:
- Two companies take a new look at how to attract more female engineers. [Forbes]
- Even though recent numbers are showing a slight decline in IT jobs this past August, the future of the industry remains bright. [PR News]
- New interactive map provides insights on IT job growth across the U.S. [The Hiring Site]
Did you find this post helpful? What would you like to see more of in future posts?