Here’s quick snapshot of news around the industry!
Around the Staffing Industry:
- A recent survey by Snagajob shows that 69% of hiring managers are planning to make hires this holiday season. [Times Dispatch]
- With 57% of candidates seeking jobs “on the go” and only 11% of hiring managers using mobile apps, employers need these 6 apps to bridge the gap. [Recruiter.com]
- With a new survey by ADP showing that 18% of the U.S. workforce could retire in the next 5 years, we are looking at a “significant loss of skilled talent.” [Wall Street Journal]
- The key to a strong employee referral program is not the typical “post and pray” approach. It’s all about connecting the dots for your employees. [ERE]
Around the Government:
- 800,000 federal workers are preparing to be furloughed as of October 1st. [Government Executive]
- Federal court in NY just ruled that employers who use staffing firms can be considered just as responsible if employees claim “wrongful termination or retaliation.” [Mondaq]
- Despite what some say, Obamacare really is creating jobs for this economy. [National Journal]
Around the IT Industry:
- Job listings promoting remote work locations can “receive 3-6 times as many applicants as those that don’t.” [ERE]
- With the first ever global IT staffing market estimates put together, the U.S. IT staffing is expected to grow 7% in 2014. [Staffing Industry]
Did you find this post helpful? What would you like to see more of in future posts?