Here’s quick snapshot of news around the industry!
Around the Staffing Industry:
- Good news! Social media and company career sites are beating out expensive job boards when it comes to finding new talent. Plus these new hires typically stay on longer than those found through traditional routes. [Mashable]
- Are you really getting your money’s worth from job boards? [INC]
- “Recruiting by the Numbers” infographic shares the most important numbers in terms of recruiting. [Recruiter.com]
- A flexible work schedule often helps you entice better workers and doesn’t always mean either/or. [Fast Company]
- A high level of engagement ensures your business will flourish. Why is it then that only 30% of workers say that they are actively engaged? [LHH]
Around the Government:
- The United States Postal Service is attempting to do as few layoffs as possible during their workforce reduction by offering early retirement to eligible employees. [Government Executive]
- Rising concerns about Obamacare and the economy have increased the demand for temporary and part-time workers. [ERE]
- Federal workers are at risk for the first time in history of being declined back pay due to possible government shut down. [Government Executive]
Did you find this post helpful? What would you like to see more of in future posts?