Here’s quick snapshot of news around the industry!
Around the IT Industry:
According to Modis:
- SimCity Debacle Leads to EA CEO Stepping Down
- CTO from Adobe Finds Greener Pastures with Apple
- South Korean Banks and TV Broadcasters Target of Cyberattack
- Will Google Keep be an Evernote Killer?
- Florida’s Election Cyberattack Underscores Voting Security Flaws
Around the Staffing Industry:
Adecco says in the coming year companies should expect several new training and development solutions, as well as many smaller improvements to those you already use everyday. http://bit.ly/14ct9vF
According to Staffing Talk:
- Minimum wage would rise from $7.25 to $9 by 2015 in New York if state budget passes this weekend [Thomson Reuters]
- The new trend in the post-recession United States: the full-time on call worker [ABC Net]
- Maryland’s Senate Finance Committee voted in favor of law requiring state licensing of medical staffing companies [Baltimore Sun]
- Federal official says temp employment’s near-record levels spells a widening chasm between rich and poor [Fox Business]
- NH staffing agencies are expanding in 2013, explaining that companies have “pent-up demand” for work that was delayed [New Hampshire Business Review]
- Poll: Requests for temporary physician assistants and nurse practitioners is growing rapidly [Becker’s Hospital Review]
How to Know if Employees Are Really Happy [Staffing Industry]
Why Employee Recognition Still Matters [Talent Management]
Employers Focused on Engagement, Healthy Living Initiatives [Talent Management]
People First: Cloud HRM and Talent Management [ZDNet]
Did you find this post helpful? What would you like to see more of in future posts?