Here’s quick snapshot of news around the industry!
Around the Staffing Industry:
- The Internet is celebrating its silver anniversary this week. Within the past 25 years, it has reshaped HR in extraordinary ways including how it manages employer branding, internal communications and talent acquisition. [ERE]
- A business group in Baltimore moves to postpone the “ban the box” legislation until its impact on job creation can be further evaluated. [Baltimore Sun]
- Staffing firms are perplexed as to how the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act will apply to them as it is rolled out. [Benefits Pro]
- Dice acquires OilCareers, a specialized job board for oil and gas professionals. [Staffing Industry]
- With 85% of the #workforce looking for a better job, how do you tame their wandering eye? [CNN Money]
- Building the right company culture is key to a successful team. Because employees perform better when they feel appreciated, it’s important to cultivate a “thankful” environment. [INC]
- More and more companies are using 360 degree reviews to build a more #productive workforce, however they are failing to properly communicate their goals. Qualtrics shares 5 important steps companies need to follow for successful performance reviews. [Fast Company]
Around the Government:
- New amendment to the District of Columbia Accrued Sick and Safe Leave Act of 2008 redefines who is considered to be an “employee” and “employer.” [Mondaq]
- With only 2% of college grads attracted to the federal workforce, this non-profit seeks to encourage federal agencies to work harder to attract talent. [Executive Gov]
Around the IT Industry:
- Demand for IT staff is high, but employer expectations are even higher. [Fortune]
- While the demand for IT professionals with COBAL and mainframe experience has gone down, the skill set isn’t extinct. [Information Week]
Did you find this post helpful? What would you like to see more of in future posts?