Here’s quick snapshot of our favorite blogs with news around the industry!
Around the IT Industry:
With the number of IT professionals growing at 2 ½ times the rate of new IT job openings, it looks like IT hiring is going to be tight this year: http://bit.ly/YVkfLA.
Are you aware of the top 5 things IT pros should know about SaaS Governance? If not, check here: http://bit.ly/WwZTYM
According to Modis:
- Time Warner Unconvinced of Demand for Gigabit Internet
- Comcast’s New ‘Six-Strikes’ Copyright Infringement Policy In Action
- Learn to Code from Harvard for Free
- The Internet Needs a ‘Plan B’
- New E-Ink Smartphone Could Redefine Battery Life Standards
Read more here: http://bit.ly/Xtibg2
Around the Staffing Industry:
Looks like the odds are starting to move from employees to employers. A new study by Clearancejobs.com shows that pay is decreasing for gov’t contractors and jobs are becoming more competitive. Check out the article here: http://wapo.st/15gmw9m
Small Businesses are asking the Government for help: http://bit.ly/Xfj4dm. Some of their suggestions including tax incentives for educating employees, retraining unemployed workforce and immigration reform.
Around the Government:
If you haven’t been following the news about the Sequester, NPR posted 3 Must Read Articles. They are short, sweet, and to the point. http://n.pr/Yd5YMn
Seems like telecommuting is starting to get a bad rep. Here are two trending articles:
- Talent Management shares a white paper and stats on challenges with managing a remote team: http://bit.ly/ZGIfrM
- Yahoo CEO is under fire for outdated beliefs: http://onforb.es/15NJmGC
We really like the layout of Talent Management’s Special Report: 2013 Talent Acquisition. It comes in several parts so you can read what interests you most: http://bit.ly/XYLofZ
- The Evolution of Recruiting
- What Talent Wants
- The Power of Social
- Inside the Gen Y Psyche
- By the Numbers
Ever wonder how Google manages their people decisions? Analytics of course! Here are some clear examples of how they do it: http://bit.ly/YVx0qK
Did you find this post helpful? Please share what would you like to see more of in future posts in the comments below!