Here’s quick snapshot of news around the industry!
Around the Staffing Industry:
- The U.S. temp employment penetration rate is at all time high…matching temporary staffing numbers from the dot-com boom. [Staffing Industry]
- 8 hot recruiting opportunities for 2014 and 6 relevant HR trends that continue to be important. [ERE]
- San Francisco is leading the way by pushing “ban the box” which allows fair treatment of all applicants regardless if they have a criminal history or not. [SF Gate]
- Study shows that a poor candidate experience can lead to less employee referrals, lower consumer purchases of products sold and more negative press. [Forbes]
- #Glassdoor just released their 2014 Happiest Places to Work and you will be surprised at what made the list. [Fast Company]
- 6 recruiting mistakes to avoid with a 10 ft. pole. [Brazen Careerist]
Around the Government:
- Does the U.S. Government have too many supervisors? As budget cuts are discussed, so are management positions. [Gov Exec]
- Study shows that frequency of PTSD and depression among federal contractors is at the same rate as veterans. [Washington Post]
- Combat pay and re-enlistment bonuses are at risk this month if Congress doesn’t agree on a defense bill by December 31st. [Gov Executive]
Around the IT Industry:
- 49% of surveyed companies said that they would add IT staff in 2014…most of which will be made up of contractors. [IT Jungle]
- 2014 Trend: Companies are placing more emphasis on hiring IT staff with data center and cloud expertise than traditional IT skill sets. [Info World]
Did you find this post helpful? What would you like to see more of in future posts?