Here’s quick snapshot of news around the industry!
Around the Staffing Industry:
- 8 recruiting trends to capitalize on in 2014 and 3 to get rid of. [ERE]
- Are you planning on giving holiday gifts to your staff? Employees are looking for non-typical gifts like an extra day off or even a thoughtful “thank you” note for Christmas this year. [Business News Daily]
- 3 holiday shopping tactics you can apply to your holiday hiring. [Mashable]
- Winning the war on talent should involve regular contact with a centralized network of former employees, freelancers, contractors and temporary staff. [Forbes]
Around the Government:
- Federal job satisfaction drops to a 10-year low. [Next Gov]
Around the IT Industry:
- Employers partner up with technical schools to train and place candidates in the Aerospace industry. [State Journal]
- New job board specifically geared towards 3D printing jobs just launched. Will you take advantage? [MarketWatch]
Did you find this post helpful? What would you like to see more of in future posts?