Don’t have time to read the news? Check out our quick snapshot of news around the industry!
Around the Staffing Industry:
- The manufacturing industry faces huge hurtles with the majority of their workforce retiring in the coming years and lack of interest from younger generations. [CNN Money]
- A simple chart showing the U.S. job crisis helps people to understand just how bad it is. [Policy Mic]
- Want to win the “war on talent?” It’s time to dust off that employee referral program. [ERE]
- Attract talent to your organization using these unusual techniques. [Recruiter.com]
Around the Government:
- The senate just passed a bill protecting gay and transgender employees from workplace discrimination. [Washington Post]
- The October Jobs Report reflects another 12,000 federal government jobs lost. [Gov Exec]
- With 85,000 federal employees furloughed during the recent government shutdown, the U.S. saw about a $2 billion loss in productivity. [Washington Post]
Around the IT Industry:
- While hiring in most tech hubs has decreased for IT professionals, Silicon Valley is starting to see an uptick. [Staffing Industry]
- IT staffing companies saw more revenue growth this past quarter than expected due to high demand for their services. [Staffing Industry]
Did you find this post helpful? What would you like to see more of in future posts?