Here’s quick snapshot of news around the industry!
Around the Staffing Industry:
- There are still tons of misconceptions running amuck about staffing firms and what they stand for. It’s time to follow the 2013 Opportunities in Staffing Study guidelines to lay these untruths to rest. [The Hiring Site – CareerBuilder]
- Keeping up with the hottest HR technology can be difficult as it changes quickly. Here’s what’s hot right now: video interviewing, gamification and social recruiting. [Recruiter.com]
- “All work and no play” makes employees unhappy. But isn’t fun disruptive to work? Actually, no. Many companies are finding ways to bring the fun back into the office. [The Hiring Site – CareerBuilder]
- How do you get your staff “walk through walls” for you? Nick Woodman from GoPro shares his go to tips: share a clear vision, engage employees by sharing tangible results and have fun. [INC]
- Investing in apprenticeships and on-the-job training seems to be the best way that employers can close the skills gap. [Adecco]
- Lee Hecht Harrison shares 3 ways companies can better invest in their current workforce while also building strong talent pipelines. These include: job rotation, organizing cross-functional teams and offering stretch assignments. [LHH]
Around the Government:
- Since President Obama made hiring veterans a high priority in 2009, the U.S. government has increased vet hires considerably. 2012 reflected the highest percentage of hired veterans in the past two decades. [Government Executive]
Around the IT Industry:
- “Umm…boss? We just got hacked….” And 9 other scary things you never want to hear from IT . [Modis]
Did you find this post helpful? What would you like to see more of in future posts?