Nine steps to a better LinkedIn profile
LinkedIn connections are responsible for over 70% of the job placements by recruiters. Make sure you put your best foot forward with a top-notch profile. Mia Mäkipää of Ragan.com has some suggestions that you may want to consider.
1) Mind your profile and background pictures. Take the time to make and update a quality profile picture. This is the first thing that professionals see when they see you on LinkedIn.
2) Write a snappy headline and summary. In your headline, describe what you do in under 120 characters. Be original and creative, yet also clear and informative. Include relevant industry keywords. That will make you easier to find when people are searching for professionals in your field.
3) Include (relevant) workplace information. Do not list all your previous jobs, just those that are relevant to the position you are looking for.
4) Insert relevant skills. List all your skills, certifications and aptitudes. Keep this updated regularly.
5) Edit your URL. Make sure your URL is effective and personalize you.
6) Add certificates. Include and certificates and certifications you may have received.
7) Ask for recommendations. Recommendations by friends and colleagues are a powerful LinkedIn tool Don’t be afraid to ask for them.
8) Publish articles. Publishing articles increases your visibility and highlights your expertise. Be consistent and professional.
9) Optimize your profile’s visibility. Include relevant key words, showcase volunteering and interests.
Your LinkedIn profile can make or break your job search. Do not ignore it.
For further input go to Mia’s article at Ragan.com.
Follow us on LinkedIN to see tips, job oppurtunties, and connect with our recruiters.