Welcome to our candidate focused weekly review blog. We hope that you will find links to blogs and articles here that will assist in your job search, resume prep, interviews, and everyday until retirement! If at any time you have specific questions, just let us know in the comments area.
Step 1: The Job Search:
- The DICE Hiring Trends for 2014 shows some positive movement. Hiring Managers are planning on hiring up to 10% more employees next year.
- Job searches can be daunting, but if you’re looking for a position in one of these fields you may be in luck! These 5 industries are struggling to fill positions fast enough.
Step 2: The Interview and Waiting:
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years? This question consistently pops up in interviews and depending on your career stage can be difficult to know how to answer.
- If you knew what an employer was thinking during the interview, then you would know what areas to focus on. Luckily, Careerealism is giving you an inside track to just that.
Step 3: The Workplace:
- After attending a networking event, do you know how to ensure those contact you made actually remember you? It could be as easy as following these 6 methods for creating lasting impressions.
- This time of year includes a lot of celebrating….which can lead to workplace gaffes. Stay off the naughty list this year by avoiding these.
Did you find this post helpful? What would you like to see more of in future posts?