Welcome to our candidate focused weekly review blog. We hope that you will find links to blogs and articles here that will assist in your job search, resume prep, interviews, and everyday until retirement!
Step 1: The Job Search:
- Tired of not being able to find all of the hidden jobs? Well there’s an easy fix for that. You can find tons of hidden jobs using Google. You just have to know how to search.
- Legislation to renew the expired Emergency Unemployment Compensation is back on the Senate table. They hoping to vote on it this week. It would include a 3 month extension and would be retroactive. Plus President Obama has a new initiative.
- For your job search it’s smarter to apply a project management approach instead of focusing on one tactic, like searching job boards time you have specific questions, just let us know in the comments area..
Step 2: The Interview and Waiting:
- Interviews can make even the most confident of people squirm. However these tips can help you avoid interview blunders and put you a little bit more at ease.
- Did you know Steve Jobs was a great negotiator? Take a look at some of the tactics he employed and be ready to negotiate like a pro.
- Here’s what you’ve been looking for! Simple rules for post interview. Stick to these rules and you’ll keep yourself in the game without going overboard.
Step 3: The Workplace:
- Most people will inevitably fall out of love with their career, but that doesn’t mean you have to quit. There are ways for you fall back in love with your career choice.
- But sometimes, the love is just gone. Changing careers is never easy, but with the proper research in place you can make it happen.
- Many people made a New Year’s resolution to get a raise this year. If you were on of them, then check out the link for some tips on how to be effective and secure the money you deserve.
Did you find this post helpful? What would you like to see more of in future posts?