Welcome to our candidate focused weekly review blog. We hope that you will find links to blogs and articles here that will assist in your job search, resume prep, interviews, and everyday until retirement! If at any time you have specific questions, just let us know in the comments area.
Step 1: The Job Search:
- Your resume and cover letter are meant to work together and assist with your job search. If the don’t, it may just cost you the position.
- Search for job takes a lot of your time. But what if you could cut your search in half by simply changing your plan?
- One of the biggest problems transitioning military professionals have is waiting to long to start the career transition process. It’s suggested to give yourself an 8-12 month lead.
Step 2: The Interview and Waiting:
- Sometimes, especially during flu season, it may be necessary to reschedule an interview. If done properly, the employer should see no issue.
- A friend of mine just moved from DC to Denver. He was hired by a company after completing a video interview. If you haven’t yet experienced one yourself, then take some tips and be prepared because many companies to starting to use a webcam.
Step 3: The Workplace:
- Your first day of work at a new company is important. You only have one chance to make a good first impression and start your career off on the right foot.
- Is there such as thing as paying your dues in the modern workforce? It’s seems there is, but it’s not the same as it used to be.
Did you find this post helpful? What would you like to see more of in future posts?