Welcome to our candidate focused weekly review blog. We hope that you will find links to blogs and articles here that will assist in your job search, resume prep, interviews, and everyday until retirement! If at any time you have specific questions, just let us know in the comments area.
Step 1: The Job Search:
- On January 7th the Senate voted to approve moving forward on legislation that will extend unemployment benefits for 3 more months. The bill is expected to be voted on later this week and if passed would then go to the House.
- Resolve to find a great job this year with these tips for job search success. Here’s a hint: 50% of applicants are rejected because of spelling and grammar mistakes.
Step 2: The Interview and Waiting:
- It’s what’s on the inside that matters, but what you wear for an interview affects the hiring managers’ first impression of you. So keep it conservative and don’t be afraid to ask about office attire ahead of time.
- Along with first impressions, your body language can say a lot to a potential employer. Check out this info graphic and discover how to nail your interview and handle many situations after you land that job.
Step 3: The Workplace:
- With all of the bad weather and snow we’ve experienced lately, you may be wondering if your company will pay you for snow days. The answer will depend on several factors.
- Instead of resolving to change something in your career this year, approach 2014 with the idea of making a few improvements in your career. These ideas can help you establish some habits that will stick.
Did you find this post helpful? What would you like to see more of in future posts?